His professional honors include being selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers every year from 2011 to 2019.
Mr. Callahan’s efforts to protect victims’ rights in state and federal courts include:
- Serving on a national steering committee in litigation against the manufacturers and seller of a spray-on grout sealer that caused severe respiratory injuries and death to consumers. (Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee for Federal Multidistrict Litigation, MDL Docket No. 1804; In Re: Stand ‘N Seal Products Liability Litigation, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Division.)
- Working to secure the nationwide recall of the harmful and defective product by the Consumer Product Safety Commission and co-counseling most of the victims in this national, multi-district product liability lawsuit.
- Co-trying the first such case to go to trial in the United States, which resulted in a successful verdict for his client.
Mr. Callahan earned his law degree from South Texas College of Law, where he was an Assistant Editor of the South Texas Law Review and received American Jurisprudence Awards in Admiralty and Environmental Law. After he began practicing law, he further honed his courtroom skills by graduating from the prestigious Trial Lawyers College founded by Gerry Spence. Only a very select few lawyers nationwide are admitted to attend Trial Lawyers College each year.
Mr. Callahan has been active in bettering the legal industry. He has been on the Board of Directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the Board of Directors of the TTLA Advocates, and he is also a member of the American Association for Justice, Houston Trial Lawyers Association, American Bar Association, Houston Bar Association, and the State Bar of Texas.
An accomplished writer, Mr. Callahan has published legal articles in areas such as trucking cases, customer injuries in warehouses and retail superstores, drug testing in the workplace, and claims involving longshore and offshore workers. Mr. Callahan also writes monthly columns on legal matters and personal injury law for the city of Katy, Texas, on the regional website Covering Katy.
Mr. Callahan is admitted to practice in all Texas state courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas.
In addition to his law degree, Mr. Callahan earned his B.A. from the University of Texas at Arlington. He also attended Southern Methodist University as a student athlete on the NCAA Division I soccer team.
Mr. Callahan is an avid soccer player, fan, and coach. He is also a two-time Ironman triathlete (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run), each time raising money for the music therapy department at The Institute for Rehabilitation and Research at Memorial Hermann (TIRR). He was born in Virginia to a U.S. Army family. He has lived and traveled abroad extensively, including in Brazil where he taught English.
- South Texas College of Law (J.D., December 1997) (Law Review)
- University of Texas at Arlington (B.A., 1993)
- Southern Methodist University (1989-1991)
- State Bar of Texas, admitted to practice in all Texas State Courts
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Honors & Distinctions
- Named to Texas Super Lawyers list (2012 – 2019)
- Named to Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2011)
- American Jurisprudence Awards: Admiralty and Environmental Law
- December 31, 2018 Look Out Below! Falling Merchandise a Hazard in Big Box Stores
- December 14, 2018 Attention Holiday Shoppers: Tips for Victims of Identity Theft
- November 19, 2018 Secretly Recording Private Conversations. Is It Legal?
- September 20, 2017 Texting and Driving is Now Illegal in Texas–Learn the Basics
- May 10, 2016 The ABC’s of Kids’ Car Seat Rules and Buckling Up
- February 4, 2016 Can I Cancel That Contract? The 3-Day Rule
- January 30, 2016 Injured At Work: What You Should Know
- January 16, 2016 Summer Cocktails? Texas Hosts Rarely Liable for Guests’ DWI Accidents, But That May Be Changing
- January 14, 2016 Confused About the New Gun Law? Here Are the Facts
- January 7,2016 Exhale, Parents! Those Signed Release Forms for Kids Don’t Actually Waive Their Rights
- January 6, 2016 Arbitration: I signed What? From Cell Phones to Getting a Job-It’s Everywhere
- January 4, 2016 Top 5 Things Jurors Aren’t Told
- January 4, 2016 Was Your Car Towed Illegally? Know Your Rights
- January 3, 2016 School Bus Crashes Raise Question of Why No Seat Belts
- January 2, 2016 18- Wheeler Dangers: Avoiding Accidents, What to Do if You Get Hit
- January 2, 2016 Playing with Fireworks: Be Aware of Legal Issues for July 4th Fun
- January 1, 2016 Man’s Best Friend? Houston Ranks 2nd in Dog Attacks
- Trial Lawyers College F-Warriors
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- TTLA Advocates, Board of Directors, 2001-2003
- American Association for Justice
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas